The NewPhonics - Kindergarten Reading Program
The NewPhonics - Kindergarten Reading Program is:
- A research-based kindergarten reading program.
- Based on the most recent theories and finding in the field of reading research.
- A balance program teaching phonemic awareness and letter knowledge and includes kindergarten sight words /reading activities and language enrichment reading worksheets
- Proven effective with diverse kindergarten populations including suburban, urban and rural kindergarten children as well as special populations including special education children, at-risk readers, speech-language impaired children, children with limited English skills (ESL), developmental kindergartners and pre-first graders.
- Well sequenced, systematic and explicit instruction.
- An highly innovated method of teaching phonics which incorporates numerous effective instruction features known to enhance achievement outcomes (see list of Effective Instructional Features on right).
- Designed to be used with the entire classroom, lessons taking 20-30 minutes.
- Teacher friendly, everything is right at the teachers fingertip.
- Highly entertaining for children with engaging puppets and word play, sound-symbol cheers, sound production face-cards, phonemic awareness reading games played with individual magnetic boards and magnetic letters.
- Cost effective reducing the number of children referred for costly remedial programs.
- Made up of high quality materials to be used year after year.
- Fun! Children will have so much fun they will not even realize that learning to read and spell is difficult.